We now welcome high-quality contributions from candidates that have taken the UCAT, BMAT or GAMSAT. Through writing for the MEDIC BLOG, you can share your wisdom with the world, helping us in our mission to help more students pass the medicine admissions tests.
You can submit for consideration an original article or video (not previously published anywhere else, including your site), with content based on your personal experiences or expertise, and we will review it for potential publication on our website.
Why Write For the MEDIC BLOG:
By writing for the MEDIC BLOG, you get to:
- Share your experience and unique voice
- Connect with over 250,000+ readers
- Build your following on Social Media – Let readers know who you are, provide a link to your website and social media.
- Earn Money – We pay up to £150 per submission. No minimum score needed!
Type of Content We Welcome:
Our readers love to receive actionable tips and advice.
You are welcome to submit articles or videos in your area of expertise that relates to the overarching categories below. If your piece cannot naturally fit in any of these categories, our website and community may not be the best platform and audience for your message.
Applying to Medicine (Accepting content from Oct 2020)
Applying to Dentistry (Accepting content from Oct 2020)
UCAT Preparation (Currently accepting)
BMAT Preparation (Accepting content from July 2020)
GAMSAT Preparation (Accepting content from August 2020)
Uni Life* as a Med or Dental student (Accepting content from Sept 2020)
Med life (Accepting content from Sept 2020)
Dental life (Accepting content from Sept 2020)
Please pick your own article topic: We believe you are best placed to choose a topic based on your own unique experiences and area of expertise. We are unable to respond to email enquiries asking us to choose topics or to pre-qualify article ideas.
*Uni life articles can be on anything, articles can be published anonymously if the author chooses.
Tone of Content:
When it comes to writing for TMB, the tone is everything.
We are a space for you to have your unique voice, and to do so in a way that appreciates our mission and values. Please ensure your tone is inspiring, informative, open-hearted, inclusive and positive. Please help our readers to grow through whatever messages you share.
We are not about sarcastic, dictatorial, or polarising approaches that create division. So as a guest writer, we invite you to contribute and collaborate with us in bringing a unique voice to the platform.
1. Exam Q&A (Article Format)
This is an interview type article where candidates answer pre-prepared questions by our team. Authors are expected to provide proof of their results. There is no minimum score required, just honest advice and hindsight into how they prepared for an exam and the lessons they learned.
2. Exam Q&A (Video Format)
These are video interviews where candidates answer pre-prepared questions by our team. Authors are expected to provide proof of their results. There is no minimum score required, just honest advice and hindsight into how they prepared for an exam and the lessons they learned.
We welcome written articles in any category on any suitable topic the author chooses to cover. We believe you are best placed to choose a topic based on your own unique experiences and area of expertise. We are unable to respond to email enquiries asking us to choose topics or to pre-qualify article ideas.
5. Videos (8 – 10 minutes)
We welcome video content in any category on any suitable topic the author chooses to cover. We believe you are best placed to choose a topic based on your own unique experiences and area of expertise. We are unable to respond to email enquiries asking us to choose topics or to pre-qualify article ideas.
Exam Q&A’s (Article format): £20
Exam Q&A’s (Video format): £40 – £50
Posts/Articles (500 – 1500 words): £30 – £50
Video (no more than 10 mins): £60 – £150
We base our final fee for posts and video based on several criteria such as number of words, number of featured images, editing/proofing requirements, etc.
Below are the guidelines for guest writing for TMB. Please check these out before submitting an article or video.
- Submit Original Article: Posts must be unique and original. Posts must not have been published or submitted elsewhere online or offline (including your blog) or be used in future for distribution on other sites (blog, YouTube, etc. ).
- Bring Your Unique Voice & Passion: We share a wide range of topics and have a large body of material available. You can add value to this existing collection by bringing your own unique voice and views, infused with your passion and personality. Please write from your heart, based on personal experience, and please write as if you’re talking to a friend. The more down-to-earth the better. People love to feel like they’re reading something written by a real person, with real experience in life, and genuine heart.
- Not affiliated or paid by prep companies: Readers can recommend relevant resources that they have used in the past as long as they are not affiliated or are being paid to mention it to readers.
- Choose a Great Title: Readers have so much selection available to them for what to read on the blog. They choose quickly (within seconds) what articles to open, and your article title is what will help them decide. When selecting a title, think about the reader and what they’re looking to learn, discover, achieve, or the problem they want to solve, and then write your title to clearly speak to their need.
- Use a Captivating Opening Statement: A reader will be captivated, or not, within the first few sentences of an article. Please ensure your opening paragraph is engaging, tells the reader exactly what they are about to experience and makes them want to read on as they know they are about to gain benefit.
- Proofread and Edit Before Submitting: Please do your own quality checks on your article before submitting to ensure it is a high standard of written English (proofreading, spelling, and grammar). For videos, basic formatting will be tremendous help but are not mandatory as we intend to edit the video ourselves.
- Include screenshots and Images: The more images and text you provide the more you earn. For videos, the more formatting and editing done the more you earn.
- Reasonable Length: We expect articles to be between 750 – 1500 words and videos about 8 – 10 mins long.
We kindly request that you don’t…
- Don’t send articles that have been, or will be, published elsewhere: We only accept original, unique content that has not previously been published. And if an article is accepted for publication on the TMB, that article must not later be republished / reproduced anywhere else without express written agreement with the TMB.
- Don’t send vague, surface-level articles: Our mission is to provide high quality content to the world that has real substance based on personal experience and/or professional expertise. We are not about content for content sake, nor about linking to create traffic. We’re on a heart-led mission to give people worthwhile content to reflect on and to genuinely add value for a better life and a better world.
- Don’t send SEO-boosted or promotional articles: We can’t accept articles that are designed to boost SEO, to plug a brand name, or to promote yourself, or any product or service. Instead, provide an article with content for our readers and let them naturally flow through to follow you and discover more about your work in the world based on genuine connection. Therefore, please keep self-promotion reserved for your bio.
- Don’t send anything that isn’t aligned with our philosophy: Please don’t send articles or bio references that promote a business, service or product which is not authentically aligned to TMB’s mission and values.
- Don’t send topic ideas: Instead please submit your complete article for review per the steps provided at the bottom of this page.
- Don’t send plagiarised work: Please don’t send plagiarised articles.We do a plagiarism check on all articles we intend to publish on the blog.
Once submitted, your article will be considered by our editors, and if it passes the initial screening, it will be sent for peer review. If deemed suitable for publication, we will run some checks and set a publication date. Authors are contacted to organise payment and notified when content will be published. Payment is made within 7 days of confirmation.
We will inform authors if their work is not accepted. Due to the expected number of entries, we are unable to provide a reason why your content is not accepted.
We are currently accepting UCAT content.
Thursday 4th June 2020 – UCAT Submission Opens
Tuesday 30th June 2020 – UCAT Submission Closes
Wednesday 1st July 2020 – Editor & Peer Review Begins
Tuesday 7th July 2020 – Editor & Peer Review ends
Wednesday 8th July 2020 – Plagiarism & Guideline checks
Thursday 9th – Friday 10th July 2020 – Authors are contacted
Monday 13th July 2020 – BMAT Submission Opens
If Your Article is Accepted & Published
We agree to:
- Support your work by sharing your article with our community on social media.
- We may also share article in our newsletter and with study groups.
You agree to:
- Share the article on your social media channels.
- Reply to comments on your article on our site within the first week of it being posted live (this is because you are best placed to support readers with any questions, ideas or comments they have about the content of your article).
How to Submit Your Article
We are expecting a high volume of submissions, for this reason we ask only one content submission per student.
1. Read Guidelines, fees and all the information above.
2. Download and fill-in the template. For video submissions, please also read the instructions for creating video content.
3. Complete online confirmation form.
4. Send filled-in templates to email@example.com. For video submissions, email both the video (mp4) and video template. Please ensure you complete the confirmation form before emailing us content. Email title should follow the below layout:
Email Title: Content type Last Name UCAT Score
For example: UCAT Q&A (video) Hopkins 2950