We welcome high quality contributions from candidates that have taken the UCAT, BMAT or GAMSAT. Through writing for the MEDIC BLOG, you can share your wisdom with the world, helping us in our mission to help more students pass the medicine admissions tests.
You can submit for consideration an original article or video (not previously published anywhere else, including your own site), with content based on your personal experiences and/or expertise, and we will review it for potential publication on our site.
Why Write For the MEDIC BLOG:
By writing for the MEDIC BLOG, you get to:
- Share your experience and unique voice
- Connect with over 250,000+ readers
- Build your following on Social Media – Let readers know who you are, provide a link to your website and/or links to your social media.
- Earn Money – We pay up to £100 per article. No experience needed!
Type of Content We Welcome:
Our readers love to receive actionable tips and advice.
You are welcome to submit articles or videos in your area of expertise that relate to the overarching categories below. If your article cannot naturally fit in any of these categories, our website and community may not be the best platform and audience for your message.
Applying to Medicine (topic lists 2019/20)
Applying to Dentistry (topic lists 2019/20)
UCAT Preparation (topic lists 2019/20)
BMAT Preparation (topic lists 2019/20)
GAMSAT Preparation (topic lists 2019/20)
Book and Course Reviews (topic lists 2019/20)
Testimonials (topic lists 2019/20)
Please pick your own article topic: We have provided a list of topics for each category writers can choose from. However, we welcome topics not included in the topics list, you are best placed to choose a topic based on your own unique experiences and area of expertise. We are unable to respond to email enquiries asking us to choose topics or to pre-qualify article ideas.
Tone of Content:
One of our values at TMB is that we are a committed to levelling the playing field for aspiring medics, where courses for admissions tests are too expensive, and a finite number of schools provide support to their students.
So when it comes to writing for TMB, tone is everything.
We are a space for you to have your unique voice, and to do so in a way that appreciates our mission and values. Please ensure your tone is inspiring, informative, open hearted, inclusive and positive. Please help our readers to grow through whatever messages you share.
We absolutely are not about sarcastic, dictatorial, or polarising approaches that create division. So as a guest writer we invite you to contribute and collaborate with us in bringing a unique voice to the platform.
Below are the guidelines for guest writing for TMB. Please check these out before submitting an article or video.
- Submit Original Article: Posts must be unique and original to TMB. Posts must not have been published or submitted elsewhere online or offline (including your personal blog) or be used in future for distribution on other sites (blog, YouTube, etc ).
- Bring Your Unique Voice & Passion: We share a wide range of topics and have a large body of material available . You can add value to this existing collection by bringing your own unique voice and views, infused with your passion and personality. Please write from your heart, based on personal experience and/or professional expertise, and please write as if you’re talking to a friend. The more down-to-earth the better. People love to feel like they’re reading something written by a real person, with real experience in life, and genuine heart.
- Choose a Great Title: Readers have so much selection available to them for what to read on the blog. They choose quickly (within seconds) what articles to open, and your article title is what will help them decide. When choosing a title, think about the reader and what they’re looking to learn, discover, achieve, or the problem they want to solve, and then write your title to clearly speak to their need.
- Use a Captivating Opening Statement: A reader will be captivated, or not, within the first few sentences of an article. Please ensure your opening paragraph is engaging, tells the reader exactly what they are about to experience and makes them want to read on as they know they are about to gain benefit.
- Proofread and Edit Before Submitting: Please do your own quality checks on your article before submitting to ensure it is a high standard of written English (proof reading, spelling, and grammar). For videos, please format and edit before submissions.
- Include screenshots and Images: The more images and text you provide the more you earn.
- Reasonable Length: We expect articles to be between 750 – 1500 words and videos about 8 – 10 mins long.
We kindly request that you don’t…
- Don’t send articles that have been, or will be, published elsewhere: We only accept original, unique content that has not previously been published. And if an article is accepted for publication on the TMB, that article must not later be republished / reproduced anywhere else without express written agreement with the TMB.
- Don’t send vague, surface level articles: Our mission is to provide high quality content to the world that has real substance based on personal experience and/or professional expertise. We are not about content for content sake, nor about linking to create traffic. We’re on a heart-led mission to give people worthwhile content to reflect on and/or apply, to genuinely add value for a better life and a better world.
- Don’t send SEO-boosted or promotional articles: We can’t accept articles that are designed to boost SEO, to plug a brand name, or to promote yourself, or any product or service. Instead, provide an article with content for our readers and let them naturally flow through to follow you and discover more about your work in the world based on genuine connection. Therefore, please keep self-promotion reserved for your bio.
- Don’t send anything that isn’t aligned with our philosophy: Please don’t send articles or bio references that promote a business, service or product which is not authentically aligned to TMB’s mission and values.
- Don’t send topic ideas: Instead please submit your complete article for review per the steps provided at the bottom of this page.
- Don’t send plagiarised work: Please don’t send plagiarised articles.We do a plagiarism check on all articles we intend to publish on the blog.
If Your Article is Accepted & Published
We agree to:
- Support your work by sharing your article with our community on social media.
- We may also share article with our mailing list and study groups.
You agree to:
- Share the article on your social media channels.
- Reply to comments on your article on our site within the first week of it being posted live (this is because you are best placed to support readers with any questions, ideas or comments they have about the content of your article).
How to Submit Your Article
Please email your article, exactly per the below guide, to email@example.com.
Included within the body of the email in this order please…
- Title of your article
- Number or words (or minutes)
- Your bio – 120 words or less
- Link for your website, blog or YouTube channel (if you have one)
- Links for your social media profiles
Please attach a article in words file (.doc or .docx) and proof of exam results (either a screenshot or photo of results – see example).
Please note: We will not review articles without proof of results. There is no minimum score required.
Important – Process & Terms
- Please submit only 1 article (or video) at a time.
- We do read every submission that we receive. We appreciate the time and effort you put into your contributions to the MEDIC BLOG.
- Due to the fact we are a very small team at the MEDIC BLOG and we receive such a high volume of guest post submissions, please be aware that…
- If your article has been accepted we will respond to you within 14 days of receiving your article. We will also then let you know as soon as your article has gone live on the TMB site ready for sharing with your audience.
By submitting articles to TMB you acknowledge that:
- Submitting an article for consideration does not guarantee that it will be published. We assess articles based on fit with the above writing guidelines and also with regards to fit with our TMB website brand, mission and values.
- TMB only pays for content published on the site ( see pricing estimates)
- You accept our Terms and Guidelines
- You accept any form of editing the TMB team considers to be reasonable and necessary to maintain a high standard of quality with posts published on our Site.
- When an article is published on our site, it is then owned by TMB and you are not permitted to re-publish that content anywhere else, including on your own site, without prior approval from TMB.
- All payments are made through PayPal only.
We reserve the right to:
- Decline articles submitted, without providing reasons. (We are a very small team at TMB and receive a large volume of submissions. It is not possible for us to provide feedback on individual articles. We appreciate your understanding.)
- Adjust article titles where necessary, to help optimize reader engagement for your article.
- Make basic edits to articles (including but not limited to spelling, grammar, and paragraph/sentence structure for the purpose of improving readability).