The Graduate Medical School Admissions Test (GAMSAT) is administered twice a year in March and September. This article is a quick summary of everything you need to know about the GAMSAT September sitting.
- Date: The GAMSAT September Sitting is normally held mid-late September of each year.
- Registration: Registration for the GAMSAT September exam is from mid-May.
- Fee: The fee to sit the exam is $490 (including GST) in Australia, €325 in Ireland or £255 in the UK (subject to change)
- Additional Material: The registration fee includes a copy of the official online Practice Questions e-book provided by ACER.
- Registration Deadline: Registration for September sitting closes early August.
- Structure of the GAMSAT: The GAMSAT is made up of three sections. Section I – Reasoning in Humanities and Social Sciences , Section II – Written Communication , Section III – Reasoning in Biological and Physical Sciences. Find out more about the GAMSAT test.
- How Long Is the GAMSAT: The GAMSAT test day is 5.5 hours long, Section I – 100 mins, Section II – 60 mins, Section III – 170 mins. You get a long break after Section II.
- Which Universities use the GAMSAT: You can find a full list of GAMSAT universities.
- How To Prepare: The official online e-book is where you should start, there are other recommended resources, check out the best gamsat preparation materials to prepare for the exam.