We have reviewed and used every GAMSAT quote generator recommended to us by our readers. In this article we shortlist the most popular ones to help with preparation for section 2.
A GAMSAT quote generator is great tool to practice essays and improve your ability at analysing quotes for different themes. In this article we share the most popular GAMSAT quote generators and how to use them.
These quote generators are pretty much the same but have slightly differing functionality. Have a go at each and see which one works best for you
#1. Fraser GAMSAT ( 8 out of 10)
The Fraser GAMSAT quote generator was the most recommended, the company provides a free application to generate quote sets for Section 2.
Simply, click which Task (A or B) you want to write on. The app will generate 5 themes for which each one has 5 quotes that relate to it.
Alternatively, you can manually search for a preferred topic.
#2. ACEGAMSAT (8 out of 10)
The ACEGAMSAT quote generator also includes a set of five quotes based around a common theme. The company also provides feedback where you can submit your essay to their professional Essay Marking Service.
How to use a GAMSAT Quote Generator
The following tips were recommend by top scoring candidates that used a GAMSAT quote generator during practice.
#1. Start at your own pace
Do not worry about timing at the beginning, take however long you need to write 2 essays. We recommend writing 2 essays per day with a GAMSAT quote generator. With enough practice you’ll get faster.
Tip: Make sure to do all essays by hand rather than using a computer. This mimics the testing conditions and will help work on legibility, neatness and speed.
#2. Figure out your Weak spots and Writing style
Ask friends and family to review essays or employ a tutor /GAMSAT essay marking service to help identify weak spots. Common weaknesses include
- Poor Essay structure
- a lot of spelling and grammatical error
- Deviating from the topic
- Poor argument
Do everything in your power to identify weak areas, use our free GAMSAT SWOT template to help with this, use feedback to improve shortcomings.
#3. Practise Essay planning and Reviewing
Everybody works in a different way, so you need to find a planning and writing process that suits you. It is worth giving some thought to how you will order your ideas, and what the central argument of your essay will be.
A few questions to ask yourself when planning your essay:
- Am I knowledgeable on the theme?
- What is my instinctive response to the quote?
- What do I already know that is of relevance to the quote?
- What else do I need to find out?
- What is the main point I want to argue or put across in this essay?
- What reasons do I have to support my main argument?
#4. Practise Essay Structuring
It is important that your GAMSAT essay has a clear introduction, main body and conclusion. The actual number of paragraphs in the main body of the text isn’t important. The crucial feature of the structure is that each paragraph focuses on one main idea.
Helpful GAMSAT essay structuring tips:
- Group similar ideas together rather than jumping around.
- Individual paragraphs should be differentiated typographically ie, by indenting or by allowing additional line spaces between (check whether your school has a preference).
- Each paragraph should make only one main point. Think of paragraphs as mini-essays. Start with a topic sentence to introduce the main point of the paragraph; explain that point further; provide evidence for the point; interpret/analyse the evidence; then summarise the point and indicate how it links into your overall argument.
- Each paragraph should link to the next using transition words or phrases – such as ‘alternatively;’ ‘consequently;’ ‘as a result’; ‘furthermore…’
- The paragraphs should be placed in a logical and consistent order. Play around with them until you get the best flow. They should feel progressive rather than list-like.
#5. Work on speeding things up
Once you get comfortable writing essays start to increase the pace, practise writing 2 essays within the 1 hour time frame.